my bookends



Yesterday she turned two and he turned 12.  Born ten years apart on the same day.  And they wrap up all the  joy and fulfillment of motherhood.  It was mostly thankfulness that I felt as I looked at them and celebrated them in my heart.  I'm so thankful for him, for his laughter and his sensitive heart.  So thankful for his intuition and desire to know.  I love that he aches for back rubs and is struggling through becoming independent while still being submitted.  I know it's a life long lesson he's learning now, to trust and to rest on the only One who can really lead him.  Raising Luke is such a privilege.  Sometimes it's so painful to watch him growing- the letting go is not easy, and sometimes I simply can't wait to see who he becomes with the hope of God's masterful work in his life and heart. Happy Birthday Luke!  We love you so much and you are a true delight in our home.  I see the glimpse of manhood in you, and I know you'll be a good man like your Daddy.  At the same time I see the glimpse of that baby boy, my firstborn that I held in my arms twelve years ago.  I'll forever love you.


Little Marta Grace.  We weren't going to have you.  Those twins- we thought we could never find the strength for another baby after them.  And then four years later you came and changed our lives.  You are such joy, baby.  We love you so much and praise God for giving such a wonderful gift to our family.  You're beautiful to us and we all love you deeply.  Happy Birthday Precious.  May you see and hear and feel and know the goodness of our God and may you choose Him with every part of your being, always.  





Comments

Popular Posts