The Girls are HERE!

I went into labor and delivery on Sunday because I was feeling some contractions and felt like it was time. The girls were still breach so I knew I needed to get into the hospital if I was having labor. Turns out I was in labor and after a couple of hours of watching me (to be sure I was) they found I was 5 cm and sent me down to have a c-section. It all went very smoothly and was not nearly the trouble I imagined it would be. The doctors were great and little Tessa was born at 7pm on March 30. Lydia was born 4 minutes later. Lydie was a little slow to breath but came around with a little oxygen. Tessa True weighed in at 4 lbs, 15 oz and Lydia Mae weighed in at 4 lb, 6 oz. They were both 17 inches long. They are beautiful little tiny girls and we are all in love. They are eating like champs, regaining the little bit of dropped weight after birth and are so sweet. I am recovering well and feeling good. I came home yesterday and am so glad to be here. We are SO thankful for God's care over our girls and our family all these months. We can hardly believe it is real. Feels like a dream.
I am having to switch internet providers so am using dial up in the interem, so I can't get many pics on right now, but will post more next week when our DSL is hooked up again.
Thank you for all of your prayers and support!! We have been so blessed!
Oh, I just realized I don't have the camera with me to upload pics. I will get pictures up as soon as I can! Time to go feed :)

Comments

Anonymous said…
Congrats! We were thinking of you all today. Glad you're home.
Love and Prayers,
the Simards
becky.onelittle said…
I can't wait to see pictures! They were born 8 days after Elizabeth- Ben was born 11 days after Asher. Shall we try again to have babies on the same day? I'm voting for 4 years in between though. I wish I could see you guys! I'm glad your c/s went well, and I hope the recovery is fast.
JamieB said…
Wow! I have goosebumps! I am so happy your all well! Really and truly, if there is anything i can do on this end of the US I can do, I'd be glad to...
love you lots
Jamie and Family
Vicki said…
simards- thanks so much! :)

Becky- sorry, you're on your own from here :)

Jamie- so wish you were close by...thanks for all your love!
Anonymous said…
Congrats! You have been in our thoughts and prayers. Best to your family.

Falla Family
Jodi said…
not to pressure you or anything, because I'm sure you're pretty busy and tired right now, but I have only been checking this page 50 times an hour for pictures. :)

congrats!
The Fears said…
Glad everything went well we are excited for yor guys.
Hey there-
This is your favorite cousin:) Just wanted to say congratulations! I can't wait to meet them! And I'm glad to see you're in the blogging world, too!
Sarabeth

Popular Posts