Ben growing up

Ben was outside doing a job for me and I commented that he was working so hard and doing so well.  He came in the door about 15 seconds later, went straight to his room and came out with four stuffed animals in his arms.  He brought them to Marta's play area, dropped them and said, "I won't be needing these any more.  Nope.  You should tell Dada that I'm practically becoming a man!"  As he walked away I suggested that if he felt the need to have them again, he could always come back and get one.  He insisted he definitely won't be needing them, until he walked away and I heard him say, "But maybe I'll come back for one."  I find him asleep many nights with the covers over his head and the animals lined up on both sides of him, no doubt protecting him.


Comments

Popular Posts