The twins are 5!


 It's been a strange year with the twins.  They've changed so much and their relationship has changed so much.  They hit four and suddenly they were fighting and jealous and seeming SO different in their personalities.  They've competed, and envied each other at different times.  They've argued over clothes and one looking prettier.  They've fought for place, and rights and attention.  Maybe it was something to do with Marta coming into our world, I don't know.  But it's been a new element of challenge for us.  Yesterday they turned five and it was the strangest thing.  They were bonded all day.  It was like they weren't able to separate their identity on this shared birthday.  There was almost a neediness between them.  They wanted to be close to each other.  They asked to sleep together (which they usually don't like to do at all) and I found them curled close together all night long.  They would sit in chairs together and lean on each other.  All funny behavior for these two who have been less amiable with each other for some time.  It was another one of those "I'll never understand this phenomenon of being twins" times.  And it made us even more thankful for the special miracle that they are.
We love you so much big girls.  With all your "issues" this year, we still all love you to pieces.  We love your laughter and your cute silly ways.  I love how you, Lydie, make up songs with so much emotion.  I love your tender heart and lovey ways towards Marta.  Tessa, I love how you are so careful and thoughtful, and then so sensitive and easily hurt.  You are guarded in some ways, and then so daring and fearless in others.  We love you both- so different, and yet always are blessed twins.  Happy Birthday babies :)




Comments

Popular Posts