hard times

Our little Marta is not doing so well.  She's only measuring in the eigth percentile which is very small.  She's only gained a few ounces of weight over the last few weeks.  So, the doctor is watching her closely and planning to keep her in me until 37 weeks and then it appears that Marta will do much better out than in.  Unfortunately, since I had to have a c-section with the twins, they will not be able to induce labor which means that I will have to have another c-section unless my body kicks into labor on it's own.  I'll be 37 weeks in a few days.  We are so worried about Marta and so anxious to see her and hold her and know that she is ok. 
On top of all our concerns over our precious babe, the kids and I have all come down with whooping cough.  Not something we imagined happening the week before our baby comes, but so it is.  We caught it early and so we hope that the antibiotics and natural remedies that I've been pouring on us will greatly shorten the duration and limit the severity of the sickness.  I'm so tired already being pregnant and then sick on top of it and it's quite an overwhelming time.  I've had lots of contracting- even into the hospital a couple of times over the last week or two, but nothing that is the real thing yet.  Praying for God's divine wisdom to guide every part of our circumstances and to help us find comfort in his peace that passes understanding.

Comments

becky.onelittle said…
Ian and I are praying for you and Joe and the kids and baby Marta. We love you guys and know that God is faithful. So enjoyed our talk last night and wish that we could be there to help you guys in person.
I'm so sorry to hear you're going through all of this...I'll be praying for you and the baby in the coming days. Praying especially that you'll all get past the whooping cough before Marta arrives - I know that can be scary with babies as we've had to be concerned about it ourselves in the last couple of months. Please keep us posted!

Popular Posts