progress

I'm seeing good improvement in how I feel, but still find myself overwhelmed with tiredness by early evening each day.  Yesterday I told the kids to sit down and watch an "Andy Griffith" show while I grabbed a little nap before Daddy got home.  They happily obliged and as happily turned on a second episode so that I could continue my nap :).  When I woke up, Joe was driving in and Tessa was patting me on the back.  She ever so sweetly said, "It's okay Momma.  Daddy is home so he can cook dinner."   Poor little kids have seen a new normal the last several weeks. 

We've done pretty well keeping up with school each day as I find that the routine is easier to manage than five kids with nothing to do.  Luke and Em are showing good progress and Benny is learning to read.  The twins have been introduced to an hour room time immediately after breakfast and are taking to it quite well.   I used room time for them for the first two and a half years.  Not sure why I dropped it.  Not sure why it took me this long to remember it.  It has certainly transformed our mornings!!

A glimpse at our morning.....

 The two that never are still.





Emi and Ben playing ball.






Luke collecting chicken eggs and solving all the issues of the animals :).
 



Emily doing school.
 



 Ben in his dream world.




 Luke doing math, sort of.




 Chess.


Comments

Theresa Schwartz said…
So did daddy cook dinner ? :)

Popular Posts