day by day

Joe's been working two jobs for almost a month now.  I've been stretched.  Learning to let go of my own wants and learning to give all of me, all of the time, to all of my kids.  I've not succeeded always but I have sometimes, and we've all been blessed.  We've done our school and our chores and yet we also had time to play a lot, pray together, read the Bible, go on walks, pet the animals, talk.  Life at home can be so full, so rich.  And it can also be a life of just existing together- each one pulled by her own interests and desires.  I am learning to put aside what I want at any moment to do what I need and what my children need at each moment through the day.
When I do give when they need, stop when they need, love when they need, discipline when they need- then little hearts are filled and there is joy in our home and little five year old boys are content.





I take the time to stop and look at Emi and see her heart and listen to her thoughts, and then her heart warms up and she lets me in.







I take the time to hug and laugh and hold and talk and then they go and love on each other, little hearts happy and content.






And with one, I talk and listen and talk and listen and listen and listen and then encourage and love a little and lead a little and set free a little and off he goes, growing up in his make-up world.

Comments

I'm so glad you're blogging again and I love reading your posts! God sure is good. And Ben and the twins look so much like you!!
Vicki said…
Thanks Sarabeth! You're so right- I can't imagine life without even the smallest goodness that God puts into my life. And then His goodness is so abundant and complete and I know that I am sadly ungrateful so very often. His grace is so beautiful!!

Popular Posts