Before I knew that author of this book is an accomplished chef at a probably very well known restaurant that I don't even know the name of, nor know anything about; I found this on the shelf in the library and have since read through half of it.  I will surely buy it.  You can read the reviews on Amazon, but if you are cooking simply for a family or for yourself, and want more knowledge about the hows and whys of good cooking with quality ingredients, then you will love this book.  The flavor of this book reminds me of my favorite cooking magazine Cooks Illustrated.  I have loved this magazine because it doesn't teach me to  just cook according to a rule, it teaches me why and lets me make my own rules according to my needs and tastes!  At least you could check it out from the library (when I return it...).

Comments

Popular Posts