update
Emi and Luke: big catch!
Tessa and Ben eating lunch
Emily with the twins swimming.
Momma sneaking a kiss from Lydie, Luke snapping a picture :)
I won't even try to explain why it's been two months. Crazy. The kids are so big, so wonderful and SO much trouble. The twins can tear a room apart in 32 seconds flat. The whole downstairs in 2 min, 21 sec. Takes me about 17 min to clean it all up. Takes Ben 3 min, 8 sec* to tear it all apart again. I've been sighing. alot. too much. It's at the top of my goals to stop sighing and instead give thanks every time I want to just sigh a good, long, drawn out sigh. *sigh* oops.
We have had a tiring summer so far, but we have been blessed to have a husband (and Daddy) who works SO hard and has almost finished our house. We had an offer last week, which we countered, which they accepted! Yeah! It is contingent on the sale of their home, but we are very optimistic that their home will sell as it is little and right in that first time home buyer bracket- thus qualifying for the 8k tax credit.
Anyway, we're excited to see it sold and to see where God is going to take us from here. Right now we plan to stay at my mom and dad's while they travel for work and save money for some time.
Kids are growing like weeds. Luke, 7 in August, is full of energy and thinks reading is "the boringest thing ever"- unless I'm doing the reading and he's doing the listening. Then he'll gobble up great books as fast as I'll read them.
Emi, 5, is a sweet girl who is really processing who Jesus is and what she believes about Him. She thanks Him every time she prays for "dying on the cross so we can go to heaven, maybe." The maybe being because she knows that salvation from sin is dependant on faith in His work and she is not ready to put her trust in Jesus yet. It's amazing and humbling to watch God work in our children's hearts. Humbling because I really see that it's not our doing, though we're responsible to train them, ultimately God moves their hearts and Him alone.
Ben, 3 in September, has become a sweet delight to my heart. He went through quite a difficult stage with much whining and a lot of hair pulling for me but the first fruit has ripened and I have hope for the future. He says "Yes Momma!" in the sweetest, high-pitched little voice that makes me smile every time. I just love him. He has the cutest stocky little body and I absolutely eat up his hugs and kisses.
The twins are almost 16 months already. Sweet as pie, except when they scream at the top of their lungs for a problem, or perceived problem. Still not walking, but they climb up anything they can get up. I'm just waiting to find them on top of the kitchen counter.
We're crazy busy, crazy tired and like always, wouldn't change it for the world.
*all times an estimate :)
Comments
great post!