the difference between Tessa and Lydia



I say it so often, but I can't believe they have the same genes, are growing in the same environment, but they are SO different. When they were smaller, I hesitated to say one is this way and one is that way. I didn't want to sort of shape them into how I saw them early on. Now, there is no question. They are already "shaped". And God is smiling at His wonder-filled creation! I'm just amazed. You know, as hard as I try-and I've really tried, I can't make Tessa smile that way at me. She just won't do it. I can't make her scrunch up her nose the way Lydie does. She watches Lydie do it. She laughs at Lydie. She laughs at me. But she won't do it. Tessa stops and watches and waits and looks. She's serious and more intense and when she gets mad you know it. Tessa crawled first, sat first, got her first tooth- first. Oh, and she was born first. Lydie, though she crawled last, found the whole house first. She crawled across the house first. She's rolled off the couch-twice- first. She still topples over when she sits, but she laughs a lot. She talked first and definitely talks the most. She giggles and laughs and plays and won't share her toys.
They're SO different!

Comments

Dana said…
i love how insightful you are with your girls- i feel like i know them a bit now =) how fun!

Popular Posts