progress
The twins are growing so fast and so are their appetites! They are wanting more and more real food and are not so easily pacified with a few Cheerios to nibble on while I'm making something. Tess is a screamer... a high pitched, ear-piercing scream to let you know she wants. now. They ate a whole grilled cheese sandwich between the two of them at lunch time. They had some potato casserole the other night and I could hear their thoughts: "Mmmmm, this is so good. What's that stuff she's been feeding us??? This is sooo gooooood." So, now I'm cooking meals with two more in mind.
The good news is the kids are really moving forward in their chore abilities. Luke has long been the "dish unloader" only recently he was gone and so I had Emi do it. She did great and Luke was bumped up to "dishwasher loader". Yes! And I'm sure Joe will be thrilled to not come home to dishes in the sink anymore. Seems like I'm always so busy that time of day cooking dinner and feeding babies and cleaning up and nursing that there are inevitably dishes in the sink when he arrives. No longer so. I can send Luke in and it's done. :) Luke also took up mopping the floor which I never get to. He's been begging me to do it. Thinks it's so much fun. So he's done it a handful of times and is doing great.
So, we're moving forward. One of those funny little steps that is a life changer for me and so encouraging! Now if I can get one of them to fold the laundry... for now that will just remain a Momma chore (or Grandma chore :) as I think she actually folds half my laundry on her many visits!).
The good news is the kids are really moving forward in their chore abilities. Luke has long been the "dish unloader" only recently he was gone and so I had Emi do it. She did great and Luke was bumped up to "dishwasher loader". Yes! And I'm sure Joe will be thrilled to not come home to dishes in the sink anymore. Seems like I'm always so busy that time of day cooking dinner and feeding babies and cleaning up and nursing that there are inevitably dishes in the sink when he arrives. No longer so. I can send Luke in and it's done. :) Luke also took up mopping the floor which I never get to. He's been begging me to do it. Thinks it's so much fun. So he's done it a handful of times and is doing great.
So, we're moving forward. One of those funny little steps that is a life changer for me and so encouraging! Now if I can get one of them to fold the laundry... for now that will just remain a Momma chore (or Grandma chore :) as I think she actually folds half my laundry on her many visits!).
Comments