Daddy's out of town so...
Emi modeling her new necklace, hair clips and water bottle holder :).
I wanted to show these stockings I made because they were SO easy. I used material from an old bassinet skirt that had satin trimming. I made a little pattern for the stockings on regular printer paper and pinned it to my material before cutting it out. Then I sewed it- very unprofessionally on the machine. They aren't perfect but that imperfect look adds a little charm I think :). The letters the kids and I made today with pipe cleaners, colored beads and colored safety pins. We didn't get to Tess and Lydie yet, but they won't notice if we don't get their initials up there today... anyway, we've been wanting stockings for years and I'm so glad we waited and made these together! You could do this with an old sheet, pillow cases, material from Goodwill, anything really. I used some quilted material for interfacing (to add a little weight to the stockings) but you could just double up your material to add a little weight.
and really, truly we can't wait for Daddy to come home! What is life here without Daddy??
Comments