The Trumpet of the Swan


We just finished this book that I happened upon at Value Village recently and it was a fun read with the kids. They very much enjoyed the characters of the book and the story line. I learned many an interesting fact about Trumpeter Swans that I found very enjoyable as well. If you haven't read this with your young kids, I'd highly recommend it!

We had the kids practice a "formal narration" after the completion and they really enjoyed standing and practicing narration using complete sentences, good posture and other speaking skills. They were having so much fun- we had to finally end it as we were way past bed time. Some of the questions we asked were:

Describe 5 things you learned about Trumpeter Swans.

Who was your favorite character in the book? Why?

Do you think that Louis' father was right to steal the trumpet for his son with no voice? Why do you think he stole it?

Why do you think Louis trusted Sam Beaver?

Really a great experience for all of us and the kids are begging me to start into our next book!

Comments

Popular Posts