only Ben

I've never had a child learn to crawl out of their crib. Luke and Emily both stayed in their cribs until they were nearly three and then we switched them to a bed and had little or no issues with keeping them in their beds. Ben, two in September, just crawled out of his crib and calmly walked into the living room with the dust pan in his hand and bent down to let me sweep my dirt into the pan he was holding. No look of fear or apprehension. Not even the slightest worry about what my response to his getting up would be. Of course, I promptly picked him up and took him back to bed. But oh, I don't have the energy for bed battles. Guess I better find some energy fast cause the battle is on...

Comments

becky.onelittle said…
hahaha- Micaela climbed out of the crib, crawled down the steps, and walked into my bedroom at nine months old! You remember the steps at our town home in Georgia? I learned to make each room child friendly and shut or gate doors always. Nathaniel is my only child yet that would stay in the crib, but he had to move out at 15 months to make room for Gabe.
Anonymous said…
Oh, so you have an adventurous one. They can be a joy and a source of personal growth as well! Remember.... Josh!! I love looking at your blog. Love you all, Bonnie