I love the Fall!






My kids know that I love the Fall and can hardly stand to stay inside when the wind is blowing and the sun is out and the leaves are starting to fall. So out we headed on an adventure this morning. We went over to the house of some family friends who graciously allowed us to come and roam in their fields and visit their animals. What an amazing blessing it was for us all. The kids ran and played and loved it all. The twins were lulled to quiet by the wind in the trees (literally they sat in their seats silent and mesmerized by the sound and the movement for almost an hour). Ben thought he was in Heaven petting the horses and riding on the tractor. Emi loved the cute little sheep and Luke was most taken with the swing that swung out so far that he felt "a little scared, and a little crazy and so fun". I of course loved the wind, the sun and the smells not associated with the city. God was so good to make such beauty for us! I can hardly begin to imagine the beauty that Heaven will hold!

On the way to our friends I was telling Luke an old funny story about when I was on a road trip many years ago with my good friend Amy and we came out one morning to find our cooler covered with ants and our car filled with ants. It was crazy. Luke asked what we did and I told him that we just had to scoop them out and squish as many as we could and then we just drove off with the rest of the ants still crawling around and squished them when they got close enough to us. His response (dead serious): "Did the ants seem to like the drive?"

Comments

Popular Posts