We have a little girl just a couple of houses down that Luke really likes to play with. She's sweet. Luke likes to talk a lot with other people about his love for Jesus. I heard him on the porch today telling her that if she put her trust in Jesus then she would spend forever in heaven after she died. She was very quiet and then said "I forgot, who is Jesus?" Luke explained that He is God's Son who is perfect because He is also God and that He died for us (and then came alive again) so we could be forgiven of our sin. He asked her if she ever prayed to Jesus. She responded "I forgot, what is praying?" I went out at that point and talked with her about the wonderful gift of prayer- being able to talk to our Creator at any time and knowing that He listens to every word we say and every word we think and feel and that He loves us so tenderly and wants us to love Him back. She listened carefully as I talked. I hope someday she'll know intimately who Jesus is and how great His love is for her! I was amazed, and so sad, that this little girl who lives just down the street has never even heard His name or talked to him... the Name above all other names and the Friend truer than any other.
If you don't know Jesus, don't wait to find out who he is. The Bible promises that someday, in the blink of an eye, Jesus is going to return to this earth and take his children to the home in heaven that he has been preparing for those who trust in Him. Don't wait until it is too late. Romans 10:9 says "If you confess with your mouth that, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved."
If you don't know Jesus, don't wait to find out who he is. The Bible promises that someday, in the blink of an eye, Jesus is going to return to this earth and take his children to the home in heaven that he has been preparing for those who trust in Him. Don't wait until it is too late. Romans 10:9 says "If you confess with your mouth that, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved."
Comments
Your family looks so sweet. Your e-mails keep coming back. Do you have another one? Let me know.
Love, Bonnie at bonniem@awb.org