I'm six!
My Luke is six! I went to bed last night and looked down at him (he got to sleep in our room since it was the night before his birthday!) and remembered the night I went into labor with my firstborn baby and then the next morning when God gave him to us to hold and love. And I just had to cry a little with such overwhelming thankfulness for this precious gift- my firstborn babe.
My Lukie-Joe, how Momma and Daddy do love you!!! You could never imagine how much we love you. Definitely more than all the chocolate in the world and way more than Baskin Robbins! You are an amazing boy who in six years has brought more joy to our lives than we imagined you could in a whole lifetime. We are so proud of you baby and love who God has made you to be and how He is growing you and shaping you into a very special boy. Your Momma especially loves the sweetness in you. I love the way you look at me with eyes that are so sweet and kind and it melts my heart. I love the way you understand the little things that Momma loves and do them so often just because you love me. Like the way you stop and scratch my back, or grab my cup and get me some water, or give me sweet little kisses. I love your giggle and the way you always pull the cord out when I'm vacuuming. I love how you love people and want so much to show them Jesus' love. Oh, and I LOVE the way you dance! You just wiggle your whole body and make me laugh. You are my boy little Skunk. My first child, my precious gift from heaven. I will always love you. Daddy loves you so much too. I remember the way he cried the night you were born and I remember how nervous he was to drive for the first time with a baby in the car! You are so much like your Daddy and he is so proud of you! Happy Birthday big boy! The Lord bless you and keep you, the Lord make His face shine upon you and give you peace.
All our love~
Daddy and Momma
Comments