one month-- can you tell who's who?






Tess and Lydia are one month (or were a couple days ago...). They are growing so fast! Already out of all their preemie clothes and doing a good job at filling in the 0-3 month. They are becoming so alert and it is fun to see their personalities coming out. Tessa gave Momma her first intentional smile yesterday. She was quite pleased by a "Goo, goo, goooooo". She followed up with two or three sweet smiles for Daddy this morning. Lydia, who has been a little more smiley from the start still has not given up a real smile. Come to think of it, she's been fussier (i.e. more gas) from the start....no doubt the explanations for the smiles :).
I still am so tired most days that I am rarely aware of who is who in my arms. The second I think I know, someone has swapped them and I am nursing someone other than I thought. I wonder if by the time they are one they will respond to either name as I am calling them the wrong name half the time. Joe too has been so tired. Our consolation (besides the beautiful 5 little blessings running around) has been Lemon Grass to go. If you've never eaten at Lemon Grass and you live in Olympia, you really must try. If you don't live in Olympia, come visit us, and then you can try it:).

What I love most about the babies right now is how much emotion they express even at this early age. They show sadness, fear, anger, pleasure, security, impatience, curiosity... all this and they are just these tiny little babes. God's work is amazing!
Oh, and today I locked Tessa in the car, while it was running, in the parking lot at Value Village. Fortunately I was close to home and Joe ran a key to me. Was a first for me... (as for why the car was running with a baby inside-- I was just in the back unloading a donation and closed the door to keep the rain out and somehow it locked behind me.) Tess was asleep and never knew ;)

Comments

Jodi said…
Oh Vic, they are looking so good...you are doing such a great job.

I'm going to guess that Tess is in the top picture with Lydia below her, but I really have no basis for my guess. :)
The Fears said…
Accept for the glasses I still cant tell the Brase boys apart. So maybe if you guys put glasses on one of the babies that would help. (ha ha).
wes
Jillian wanted to look over and over at the pics of the girls! So cute!!!! Then she asked me if I could have twins...your blog is doing wonders for twin promotion! :)))
DyessFam said…
They are so cute! Are they identical or do you have to wait and do a test to make sure? By the way, I am loving your trains of thought, especially the when in doubt don't proceed. Totally feel ya on that, girl!

Shelly:)

Popular Posts