Luke took this pics of Tess and I

Joe and I have been so blessed by the lessons that the Lord is teaching us through our added blessings (who are now 10lbs!). It has been a constant challenge and many times we have persevered with clenched jaw and frustrated spirit. I began reading a book on contentment last week and have been so moved by one of the secrets that the authors mother shared in a journal writing regarding how to be content in any circumstance. She said she must never complain-- about anything. Of course this isn't a new idea :) God says to "do everything without complaining or arguing so that you may become blameless and pure children of God." The Lord does use the life of others though to make his truths real to us again. In my case reading of this woman who was a missionary in Africa, enduring heat over 120 degrees with no modern conveniences, and yet committing her heart to obedience (not complaining) because she believed that it would bring her heart to contentment.

I so want my children to grow up in the presence of a Momma who doesn't complain. I began instantly to notice just how much I complain. Truly I never would have thought myself to be a complaining person. But I am. "Whew, it's hot in here. Oh, I'm so hungry. Ugh, when is Daddy getting home? Sigh, the girls are crying again." As soon as the Lord turned my focus toward this area I realized how much my heart needs to be changed. And I can tell you that when I choose to hold my tongue my heart is impacted immediately (God's blessing) and I feel peace and contentment. Of course, sometimes my heart turns right back to complaining again and I have to again choose to be thankful. Thankfulness is in deed the cure to a complaining heart. And I am thankful that God is forever faithful to teach me and kindly guide me. He is the kindest of all.

Comments

JamieB said…
such a sweet picture. and such great words. thanks for sharing.
Lylah Ledner said…
great mom heart thoughts for leaving a godly legacy....

Popular Posts