Ok, first the big news... the big belly... :) This was a self portrait, so not too clear but should give you an idea of how large I've grown. There are actually two little people in there. I can hardly grasp it, even though I feel 4 feet, four arms, 20 toes, two heads, two bottoms... every day.
I have actually been put on the books at Tacoma General for April 3, check in at 12:00pm. As of now Tessa is still locked in feet down and so it is a planned c-section. If she happened to turn, we would have the option to induce instead, but I think they have pretty much run out of room for turning. The girls are still doing perfect as far as we can tell. They are practicing their breathing, opening and closing their eyes, moving well and showing all signs of health. I actually saw Lydia blinking her eyes on the ultrasound last week and saw Tessa hiccup and yawn.
We are all counting the days until they are born. The kids are more than ready to meet these two babes and to have their Momma back. I've had the flu for almost two weeks and so have been of little use to my poor children. They have been troopers though and are patient as little kids could be.
Ben is learning new words every day though his favorite is definitely "NO!, NO! NO! NO TOUCH!" He's a stubborn little chubber! But oh how we love him!!
Luke is busy and active and loving the springtime weather. He's blossoming more every day, asking so many questions, always learning and observing. He came in this week with "Well, the fact is...". After several inappropriate uses of this phrase we asked him if he knew what it meant and he said "no." We explained the meaning of the phrase but I don't think it settled in. Still using it wrong :). He's practicing his whistling, his snapping and his dancing continually and improving mostly only at the whistling. Not sure there is much hope for the dancing :). He's still our little guy though, even as he tries to prove us wrong.
Emily is changing before our eyes. Growing out of her little girl chub and starting to imitate Luke's "big boy" gestures, phrases and ways. She loves to cuddle, to dance and to color most of all. That along with her little chubber brother. She loves on him, cuddles him, chases him and thoroughly delights in him every day.
We are winding down now to d-day. or is it b-day. Anyway, it is only 18 days to go. I really feel like it has gone so fast... can you believe that????
Here's some pics of the kids recently.
Comments