update on Tessa and Lydia

I had another ultrasound this week and the girls measured within an ounce of eachother. They are growing healthy and no signs of any complications. I came away very thankful that the Lord is knitting them together perfectly and blessing their little lives already with health. We are so thankful for His blessing! I also came away thankful that I am not going to be allowed to carry them past 37 weeks, because of the shared placenta. At least I won't be carrying until almost 42 weeks like the others! I am healthy and just starting into that stage of feeling uncomfortable and ready to be done.... I am so thankful that thus far I have felt quite good. And now comes those last long weeks :)

We did pick names for the girls- Tessa True is our baby A, she'll be born first. And Lydia Mae is our baby B and she will be our "baby" of the family. I am so curious to experience these girls--identical twins. I just can't wait to know who they are and to discover their uniqueness. I also look forward to observing the special bonds that I hear exist between twins. Mostly I just can't wait to hold my little girls!

We've been so moved by the love and support of so many. Thank you to all of you who have cared and prayed for us through this time!

Comments

the millers said…
What an amazing blessing! You know, Mark has ALWAYS wanted twins, and I know is quite envious of your family! :-) On a practical note, what is your plan to tell Tessa and Lydia apart?? Mark suggested immediately giving one of the girls a tattoo . . . I'm guessing that may not be your plan . . . or is it? :-) We will continue to pray for your health as well as the health of your babes.
Vicki said…
Thanks so much Gwen and Mark for your prayers and support:) I am thinking I might pierce their ears when they are little (maybe 3 months??). I've never wanted to pierce my babies ears... but seems like a really visible reminder to not just us but everyone else. I've thought about painting the toes, dressing in one distinct color etc. but it all seems like either a lot of work or else not visible enough for everyone to easily tell them apart.... am very open to any ideas (except tatooing) haha. Luke suggested we just write their names on their foreheads with washable markers.
the millers said…
I like Luke's idea . . . simple, yet practical, and easy for all to identify :-)
JamieB said…
hey... i just saw a movie and one of the character's names was Tessa. I was with my friend, who is pregnant, and leaned over to her and said, "What a great name!!" She loved it too. So cool that you like it as well. ;) hope your well.
J

Popular Posts