I have been mostly preoccupied with sleeping and surviving the last several weeks of nausea and SUCH tiredness like I have never known! (ha, ha, thinks I. Just wait till I am up nursing twins all night and day). I am seeing a turn for the better over the last couple of days and it is a breath of fresh air. Really, I am so thankful that the Lord had his hand over us over these couple of months and it has been a truly peaceful time. The kids have been gracious, serving and patient and Joe has been a life saver. He has served me tirelessly and with no complaint. Along with my mom serving here so often helping with housework and kids, I have hardly felt it difficult to get through the first trimester. As for the babies, I trust they are well. I have an ultrasound next Wed which will tell us how they are growing, if they are growing evenly and if there are any complications presenting. They are positively identical twins (though we obviously don't know the sex yet) and they are sharing a placenta. My heart has been deeply challenged over the last few weeks with all the unknowns. I have known, not just in my head, but at the core of my being that God is good, and He is carefully watching over every detail and moment of my life. Most of the time I have known the true peace that only comes from Him, and yet at other times I have had to wrestle with fear and anxiety. I am so thankful to have the Lord to lean on and turn to with every struggle. He is so gracious and kind!
The kids are doing great. Growing like weeds, loving on Ben till he tires of it and learning to endure all his intrusions (like wrecking their block towers). Ben is huge, and still not taking any steps. They are all such precious gifts!

Comments

The Fears said…
Hello Joe and Vicki, just wnat you guys to know we are praying for you, and if you need a hand with anything Joe, let me know. Wes Fears
Anonymous said…
Vic,
What a great post...thanks for sharing. I've been checking for an update since I haven't wanted to bother you!
Much love, Lu
Lylah Ledner said…
Hi dear Vicki
I'm not sure which "mom" I got your blog from, but, it's sweet to read about you and what God's doing and these precious blessings...and now TWINS. I'm so excited for you!

Also...I'm redoing one of my mentoring sites and have some links to some of my favorite MOM Blogs - I'd like to list yours. Let me know if that's OK.

Blessings to you....Lylah Ledner
ps..the site url is www.womantowoman.us and my other site is www.lifecoachmoms.com

Popular Posts