I came home from my ultrasound whence I discovered we were having twins and right away looked up monoamniotic twins. My technician had told me she only saw one amniotic sac. Turns out that a pregnancy with "mo-mo twins", as they are called, is quite dangerous and not often leading to a positive end. I spent the night thinking through this blessing of life and then knowing that God is sovereign and may choose to take these lives sooner than we'd expect. I also thought lots about the potential of weeks in the hospital. I found peace knowing that my Lord is great and good and that He knows the details of these beings and is forming them to His perfect plan within me. I was very happy though when my midwife called today to tell me that the Dr. informed her that he is quite confident there are two amniotic sacs. Still, it is good to remember with all of my children that they belong to God and only He has counted their days. So, tonight I will lay in bed and think about how you feed two babies the needed 8-12 feedings per day, per baby. If I add right, that should allow me about three hours per day to shower, eat, clean, love my family, think, oh, and sleep. ha, ha, so glad I'm not the first person ever to have twins.

Comments

JamieB said…
hey Vic
I have been thinking about you so much the last week... I started a new bible study and the speaker is Beth Moore, the lady who we did that one study with in SD. So i checked your blog and saw all of your news... First of all, congratulations! second, how are you? and third, I am praying for you - all!! i don't have your e-mail anymore, so would you mind shooting me one? I'd love to communicate more... any more news about the babies??

Popular Posts