We were having another conversation about heaven this morning. We've had many of these recently so that heaven has become very much like a highly anticipated vacation spot (and indeed, what better vacation spot???). Emi said that when we get to heaven, if Luke has to go to jail then she will help him for sure. I told Emi that Luke definitely won't have to go to jail when we live in heaven because there is no bad in heaven, only good. Emi replied "You mean, only the good toys are in heaven??!" (right, everyone knows about the parks with the "good toys" and the parks with the "bad toys").

I've been busy trying my hand at sewing once again. Thanks to my dad who caused me to take a sewing class in high-school (thanks Dad!), I have just enough experience to want to create many things. My skill level allows me quite less freedom than my imagination thus far, but I found this book that gives hope to the novice.

I don't own a sewing machine, so I am borrowing my mom' s for a couple of weeks (thanks Mom!). Thus far I have tried my hand at a couple of aprons that are really cute; both made from dishtowels that my sisters gave me on separate occasions. I have loved wearing these around the kitchen. They are cute and not too bulky and I am no longer constantly reaching for the towel that has disappeared. It's now tied to me. I found that Value Village is a great place to build up your sewing box. They have all kinds of notions there.
My first apron made from a towel from Mel, a napkin from an old friend and a ribbon from a pair of pants that shrunk. The kids dance around and call me pretty whenever I put it on :).

Comments

becky.onelittle said…
I'm wanting to start sewing too! I just bought some patterns for Micaela (.99 a piece) and fabric that was NOT .99 (ouch). I hope to start them after Nathaniel's and Asher's birthday party this weekend. But- I've never made anything on my own before, so we'll see. I think I could make a dishtowel apron, but I doubt it would do my big body much good :)

Popular Posts