big 5


My little Luke (don't let him hear you call him "little" though) just turned five! Much to my horror I discovered on the eve of his birthday that he had great expectations of the large gathering of celebrants that would be at his birthday party. In my plans were only included his dear Daddy and Momma and his sweet little Emily and Ben-Ben. I'm not big on big parties for little kids as they seem just as thrilled with whatever family is close enough to be there. This year however, Luke was "aware" and fully expected there to be a crowd. So, I called up my gracious sister and asked her to meet me half way between here and Portland so all her kids would be there to celebrate Luke. She came and Luke had a wonderful time. Close call...I'll know better next year! We spent the morning at the park with Luke's cousins and then came back and had a little party with Daddy. Luke ordered up mac-n-cheese for dinner and we had ice cream for dessert. He told me somewhere around 50 times that he couldn't believe he's five and that it is so great to be five. I have also heard him scold Emily many times in the last 24 hours informing her that she "better not have a bad attitude to a five-year-old!"
Audrey and Emily
Luke's new "real"
baseball bat from Grandma!

L to R~ Tim, Em, Thad, Luke,
Rosie, Clara, Ben

Ben and ice cream are friends.

happy birthday our precious boy. We love you always, with all our hearts. The Lord bless you and keep you, the Lord make his face shine upon you and give you peace. ~daddy and momma

Comments

Popular Posts