he knows
It seems like with each baby there is a definitive point when I realize that they really understand what I'm saying to them. Ben has obviously been understanding a lot already. He stops at "no touch" and turns to at least look at me when I call him to come. But, I haven't been really sure how much he's comprehending. Then today Emi and I were on the ground with him and she was holding a new little toy away so he wouldn't grab it. I suggested to her that she let him hold it and look at it for a minute. She sweetly handed it over to him and he was very happy about it. I said to him "Ben, say thank you Sissy for letting me play with your toy". I wasn't expecting any response but he turned immediately and made several unintelligible noises directly to her and then leaned over and gave her an "Ah-BAA". A couple moments later I said "ok, Ben-Ben, give it back to Emi now". He handed it to her as she reached out for it.
Comments