something to ponder

I read this here and loved her thoughts. Maybe it will bless you too.

"Recently I have seen a couple movies (heres a snippit of one) about our galaxy and outerspace beyond. The images we've been able to receive from Hubble and other gargantuan telescopes have floored me and put me on my face before God. I mean seriously, I can't hardly believe that there is all this beauty beyond us that we can't even see or comprehend. My mind is blown away with all the numbers I've heard... billions of lightyears away, billions of miles wide, billions of degrees, etc. The more I watched these films the more insignificant I felt and the more in love with God I have become.
Now I've always known in my heart and mind how amazing it is that God would take on human form and love us, but somehow recently that thought has penentrated me so much more deeply. From the nearest star earth is speck, WE are invisible... and that's just from the nearest star! Not to mention the nearest galaxy or even the farthest galaxies. Earth is the only planet which supports life. The fact that scientists are discovering new aspects of outerspace all the time amazes me. We'll never know the exent to which our universe is expanded cause it keeps going on and on and we keep looking smaller and smaller and smaller. And He became man!?
When I pray I think of Someone who I can converse with, worship, touch, see, and know. And yes, while all those things are true, beautifully and amazingly true, I can't help but view Him also as a HUGE and AWESOME God. He created this world! This universe that is so infinate is in His hands! He sees and is over all and yet can and chooses to peer down to earth, to the United States, to California, to my town, to my street, to my house, to me, and into my heart and save me! What!? Why? Why such love? Why such care? Why oh, why oh, why? Why become a piddly human when He is oh.so.GREAT?
His name, GOD, is so much bigger to me now. I have to fall before Him, speechless, humbled, awed, baffled, and so much more. He created this universe and has also created the cells which form my body. He created galaxies, black holes, stars, and space, and yet also made my hair, my skin, my blood, my heart, my mind, my fingers and toes, my organs, created my children within me, and gives me breath; and does so for every.other.person. who has ever existed. He keeps the stars and planets moving in orbit and yet cares to fulfill our hearts with Himself.
Oh such power and such tenderness all at once. It is too much for my heart to take in. How can I be worthy of such a King? I cannot. I am not. But oh, He is worthy. He is oh so worthy. And I am forever thankful that He sees me, and knows my inmost thoughts, and loves me. Forever thankful that I get to live for, bow before, praise and serve this God, this King, this Yahweh."

Comments

Popular Posts