some family news
This is a letter I sent out to my family yesterday and wanted to share here also.
Luke got up yesterday morning and said to me that he knows we go to heaven even when we sin, but he was a little unsure about how we get to heaven. I explained the gospel to him and explained that following Jesus is more than a ticket to heaven, it's giving our whole self to Him to love and serve and follow him. I read him some verses about when Jesus called some to give up all they desired to come and follow Him. Luke said, "I've never asked Jesus to live in me. I've trusted him, but I've never asked him to forgive me and live in me."
I told him that it was a very big decision to make and that I thought he should go away and think about it and if he felt he still wanted to do this that when Daddy got home we could talk with him and then Daddy and Momma would pray with him. He went down to his room to do chores and about twenty min. later came upstairs and said, "Mom, I was thinking a lot about what you said and I just knew I wanted Jesus to come into my heart so I prayed and asked him to live in me and forgive me and I told him I am going to do whatever he wants me to do."
It was a really special day watching him process this new life he's entered. He asked lots of questions all day long and one time came to ask me how we know if it's the Holy Spirit talking to us and not just our own head. He also said a couple times, "I can't believe I'm doing so bad [loving Emily] on my first day of following Jesus." I told him there is no condemnation for those in Christ Jesus and that Jesus is most concerned that Lukie love him with all his heart and that when he loves Jesus with all his heart, then Jesus will help him to love others.
Just wanted to share our special day with you!
Also wanted to tell you that Joe found out yesterday that he has only one more week of work. The Lord was good to have us talking in depth about selling our house just the night before. We have felt the Lord leading us to sell our house for some time, but have held back as we didn't think we could make enough on it after taxes and realtor fees. So, we've decided to go ahead and sell it ourselves. Please pray with us that God will guide the process and bless us with a buyer soon. We are excited to see what God has planned for us in the weeks and months to come and we are so thankful for all of His marvelous blessings, especially regarding yesterday!!
Luke got up yesterday morning and said to me that he knows we go to heaven even when we sin, but he was a little unsure about how we get to heaven. I explained the gospel to him and explained that following Jesus is more than a ticket to heaven, it's giving our whole self to Him to love and serve and follow him. I read him some verses about when Jesus called some to give up all they desired to come and follow Him. Luke said, "I've never asked Jesus to live in me. I've trusted him, but I've never asked him to forgive me and live in me."
I told him that it was a very big decision to make and that I thought he should go away and think about it and if he felt he still wanted to do this that when Daddy got home we could talk with him and then Daddy and Momma would pray with him. He went down to his room to do chores and about twenty min. later came upstairs and said, "Mom, I was thinking a lot about what you said and I just knew I wanted Jesus to come into my heart so I prayed and asked him to live in me and forgive me and I told him I am going to do whatever he wants me to do."
It was a really special day watching him process this new life he's entered. He asked lots of questions all day long and one time came to ask me how we know if it's the Holy Spirit talking to us and not just our own head. He also said a couple times, "I can't believe I'm doing so bad [loving Emily] on my first day of following Jesus." I told him there is no condemnation for those in Christ Jesus and that Jesus is most concerned that Lukie love him with all his heart and that when he loves Jesus with all his heart, then Jesus will help him to love others.
Just wanted to share our special day with you!
Also wanted to tell you that Joe found out yesterday that he has only one more week of work. The Lord was good to have us talking in depth about selling our house just the night before. We have felt the Lord leading us to sell our house for some time, but have held back as we didn't think we could make enough on it after taxes and realtor fees. So, we've decided to go ahead and sell it ourselves. Please pray with us that God will guide the process and bless us with a buyer soon. We are excited to see what God has planned for us in the weeks and months to come and we are so thankful for all of His marvelous blessings, especially regarding yesterday!!
Comments
Lu
You'll be in my heart and mind as you face the unknown.
melanie
i will be praying for you guys, too - with the works situation and house selling.
i'd love to hear from you! what are you thinking/praying for??
love to you, jamie