the other side of the coin

I always feel the tension of fairly representing myself on this here blog and yet also offering thoughts and experiences that will encourage any reader to turn their hearts to the Lord. I don't really feel that getting on here to complain and grumble about my life will do anything but produce pity and maybe some true empathy from Momma's who have walked or are walking in my shoes. Really my greatest desire is to know Jesus as my truest friend, my greatest hope who has my whole loyal and devoted heart. I am a weak person though and without Him I often fall on my face. I try to share my experiences of growth and learning to encourage you to keep growing and to keep looking to the truest source of life and encouragement. It goes without saying though that those lessons are still always being learned. Here it is 9:22a.m. and I have already snapped at Emi for crying at me when I said it was time to pick up (when I should have stopped and patiently corrected her with a loving spanking). I snapped at Luke for cutting a hole in his pants (on purpose, probably in reaction to my snappy attitude) and rolled my eyes at Ben because he wanted to eat breakfast, again, for the third time.
So, you see my morning has had little of the Spirit and much of me in it and has thus been not-so-lovely. I think the rest of the day is going to be much better and even if it's not, I know I will "....count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing. If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering" James 1:1-4 (I really like the King James Version in that it uses "temptation" which I think is so much clearer than "trials" as used in many other versions.)

and to bring a smile to our faces: a couple of lovely not-so-perfect Christmas pictures that were to be sent out last week but certainly and unfortunately won't be sent out- ever. :) Why does Lydie have her tongue out in both pictures? ;)




Comments

Lylah Ledner said…
absolutely beyond precious!
Anne said…
Becky just reminded me of your last name so I looked at your blog to see a picture of all of you! That's impressive to get a picture of all 7 together =) I have a hard enough time with the two of us and our 3 kids =) It's good to see all of them. Wow!

Popular Posts