My crazy wonderful life
I'm determined to blog today, even if I have to do it in sixteen parts. Ok, that's part one- Ben is screaming....
ok, the twins are fed. Side note- I'm definitely going to invent a, let's see, I'll call it the "Baby Hug" or "High Chair Hugger" or "Baby Straight Jacket". I have two nine month old babies (yes, they are that old already!) who have two hands each and when I am feeding them with my two hands filled with bowl and spoon I have very limited ability to control where their hands go. Thus, their hands go in their mouths, in their hair, in the bowl when I get distracted... and so I am going to make a long wide cloth strap that has velcro on one end that I can wrap around their arms in order to keep those chubby little arms neatly at their side while I feed them. I am certain there would be a market for this item among multiples parents at least. I'll make sure and get to that as soon as I have a few free days. Ok, there's part two- Lydie is screaming and Emi is throwing up (Yes, we just had the throw up bug in our house two weeks ago. And yes, we all had it. And yes, Emi is throwing up- again.)
ok, twins are on the ground playing. Emi is cleaned up and happy. My toast was just popped down to reheat for the third time. If I miss it this time I'll have to start over as it will surely be burnt. It's snowing here and the kids are so excited! well, so am I. I even woke up in the night and peeked out the window to see if it was here yet. ok, part three- Tessa is reaching for Emi's puke bowl and Ben is screaming downstairs.
ok, twins are in bed. Ben is no longer stuck up on Luke's bed and is all bundled up and playing outside in the snow with Luke. Emi is on the couch quite disappointed to be sick on this marvelous snow day. I have a fresh hot cup of coffee and my english muffins which survived being toasted the fourth time. It's 9:50 and all is well.
Joe is working a not-so-lovely out of town schedule. Gone 5 days and then home for the weekend. We miss him while he's gone, but we are SO thankful that God has provided him with work. I am SOOOOO thankful that God has given me perspective and grace to not be overwhelmed by his absence. I've had to rely heavly on being scheduled and purposeful with my days. Not putting things off and at the same time knowing when something is important or when it just needs to wait so that I can sit for a few minutes, or play with the kids or hug someone...
The kids and I (mostly Luke and Emi) have still been loving the good books we are reading. The best, to my delight, has been our time reading the Bible together. We've always read Bible story books to the kids, and always choosing ones that weren't watered down, but we haven't faithfully read straight from the Bible to the kids. I will read a verse here and there, but not reading longer portions each day. The Lord really opened my eyes to this failing recently as I have pondered our home education and struggled through the process of deciding what I believe to be most important for them to learn, understand, become as people. The Lord continually brought me back to the futility of education all in itself. I've realized that if my kids never learned to read, never learned history or geography or grammar but loved the Lord their God with all their heart and soul and mind and strength that I would not have failed them. Knowing and believing this to be true, I realized that showing them who God is through His own words was far and above the most important time spent with my kids. And so, we have become faithful to read the Word together each day and as I said earlier, I have been delighted to see how they love it. Of course we are also doing our school work and Luke is loving having his eyes opened to all the wonders of learning. We first read the book of Ruth. I try not to read through too fast so that the kids have time to really digest the Word, talk about it, think about it... anyway, Luke was asking me several times a day if I could read more to him from Ruth. We have finished Ruth and are quite appropriately reading through Luke now. Talking all day about Jesus' birth and what that means to us. We made cookies yesterday and as Luke was thinking about what color to frost them he said "MOM! we could frost them white so that each time we eat one we will think about how Jesus was the perfect little lamb who was born and then died for us and washes away our sin and makes us white as snow!" Perfect. (and on a side note, a very good reason to go eat a cookie ;) ).
Better call it day in the blog world. Twins are now awake and Ben's little chubby face is red as a tomato. :)
ok, the twins are fed. Side note- I'm definitely going to invent a, let's see, I'll call it the "Baby Hug" or "High Chair Hugger" or "Baby Straight Jacket". I have two nine month old babies (yes, they are that old already!) who have two hands each and when I am feeding them with my two hands filled with bowl and spoon I have very limited ability to control where their hands go. Thus, their hands go in their mouths, in their hair, in the bowl when I get distracted... and so I am going to make a long wide cloth strap that has velcro on one end that I can wrap around their arms in order to keep those chubby little arms neatly at their side while I feed them. I am certain there would be a market for this item among multiples parents at least. I'll make sure and get to that as soon as I have a few free days. Ok, there's part two- Lydie is screaming and Emi is throwing up (Yes, we just had the throw up bug in our house two weeks ago. And yes, we all had it. And yes, Emi is throwing up- again.)
ok, twins are on the ground playing. Emi is cleaned up and happy. My toast was just popped down to reheat for the third time. If I miss it this time I'll have to start over as it will surely be burnt. It's snowing here and the kids are so excited! well, so am I. I even woke up in the night and peeked out the window to see if it was here yet. ok, part three- Tessa is reaching for Emi's puke bowl and Ben is screaming downstairs.
ok, twins are in bed. Ben is no longer stuck up on Luke's bed and is all bundled up and playing outside in the snow with Luke. Emi is on the couch quite disappointed to be sick on this marvelous snow day. I have a fresh hot cup of coffee and my english muffins which survived being toasted the fourth time. It's 9:50 and all is well.
Joe is working a not-so-lovely out of town schedule. Gone 5 days and then home for the weekend. We miss him while he's gone, but we are SO thankful that God has provided him with work. I am SOOOOO thankful that God has given me perspective and grace to not be overwhelmed by his absence. I've had to rely heavly on being scheduled and purposeful with my days. Not putting things off and at the same time knowing when something is important or when it just needs to wait so that I can sit for a few minutes, or play with the kids or hug someone...
The kids and I (mostly Luke and Emi) have still been loving the good books we are reading. The best, to my delight, has been our time reading the Bible together. We've always read Bible story books to the kids, and always choosing ones that weren't watered down, but we haven't faithfully read straight from the Bible to the kids. I will read a verse here and there, but not reading longer portions each day. The Lord really opened my eyes to this failing recently as I have pondered our home education and struggled through the process of deciding what I believe to be most important for them to learn, understand, become as people. The Lord continually brought me back to the futility of education all in itself. I've realized that if my kids never learned to read, never learned history or geography or grammar but loved the Lord their God with all their heart and soul and mind and strength that I would not have failed them. Knowing and believing this to be true, I realized that showing them who God is through His own words was far and above the most important time spent with my kids. And so, we have become faithful to read the Word together each day and as I said earlier, I have been delighted to see how they love it. Of course we are also doing our school work and Luke is loving having his eyes opened to all the wonders of learning. We first read the book of Ruth. I try not to read through too fast so that the kids have time to really digest the Word, talk about it, think about it... anyway, Luke was asking me several times a day if I could read more to him from Ruth. We have finished Ruth and are quite appropriately reading through Luke now. Talking all day about Jesus' birth and what that means to us. We made cookies yesterday and as Luke was thinking about what color to frost them he said "MOM! we could frost them white so that each time we eat one we will think about how Jesus was the perfect little lamb who was born and then died for us and washes away our sin and makes us white as snow!" Perfect. (and on a side note, a very good reason to go eat a cookie ;) ).
Better call it day in the blog world. Twins are now awake and Ben's little chubby face is red as a tomato. :)
Comments
I am encouraged to hear of your beautiful attitude and perspective-esp. with your husband's not so ideal job location. your kids are blessed to have a mommy like you, vic!