I'm not sure if I can really capture the humor of the situation, but it was SO funny that at least I have to try. We were sitting at the table for dinner. I had put bread under the broiler to toast and forgot about it. Joe must have realized it was in there and opened the oven to find the pan of bread aflame. He said aloud "Oh, we've got a fire here." I think before he even got ahold of the pot holder Luke was out of his seat and out the front door. We didn't even quite register that he had left the room. Emi sat in her chair with her hands over her ears crying (not sure how plugging your ears will help in a fire...) and Ben did a little of both- he wasn't even sure what was happening. Joe ran the pan through the room and out the sliding door to the back porch and then came back in. That's when we realized that Luke was gone. Joe went to the window to look for him and found him out in the middle of the street, safe from all danger, except maybe being hit by a car (that's a joke...it's a slow street and he plays in it all the time). We were still laughing last night about how fast Luke got out of that room at the first sound of "fire". I think I'll go look for burn marks on the floor- it was that fast ;).

Comments

Anonymous said…
Next time grab a baby luke :)

Grandma

Popular Posts