7 years ago today Joe and I were married. It was a rushed time and mixed with such difficult emotion. We were both far from home and the attacks of 9-11 had just happened. The whole country was still in shock and we were afraid I might be deployed and so decided to move our wedding up and not wait until late October as we had planned it. It was a really hard decision especially for me as my family (except for John and Christy) had not even met Joe yet and so I was going to marry this man without the confirming approval of my family. Not that they disapproved, but they were just trusting my judgement as they had nothing else to go on. Our wedding being so last minute, Joe and I only had a weekend off work before we had to be back. It was not ideal, but I know the Lord had His reasons for the way things happened and I'm so thankful for the man that He brought to me in little Ole Augusta, Georgia. Three months later little Luke was growing inside me and thus our journey as parents so quickly began.
And now here we are, 5 kids and 7 years later and filled to the rim (and overflowing) with blessing. The Lord has led us and changed us and helped us and blessed us with a lifetime of blessing in these few short years.
I love you Babe! You're more than I ever dreamed of and I don't deserve such a man, but I'm so thankful that my Father blessed me so richly with you! Happy Anniversary! Here's to the next seven years and five more babies ;).
And now here we are, 5 kids and 7 years later and filled to the rim (and overflowing) with blessing. The Lord has led us and changed us and helped us and blessed us with a lifetime of blessing in these few short years.
I love you Babe! You're more than I ever dreamed of and I don't deserve such a man, but I'm so thankful that my Father blessed me so richly with you! Happy Anniversary! Here's to the next seven years and five more babies ;).
Comments