Last night a lady from church brought us some dinner. She has five kids (so I found when I looked her up in our directory). There was no picture of her husband included, and being fairly new to our church I didn't know anything about her. I emailed her to get the recipe for the very good Taco Soup that she brought. She sent it to me this morning and when I noticed her website on the bottom of her email I went to look and see who her family is. I was humbled and touched in my heart to read about her husbands death two years ago and her baby girl passing less than two years before her husband. I can't even imagine the years of pain she has experienced. And here she is, serving me and bringing me dinner. I can so easily become engrossed in my own family and our circumstances and forget to feel compassion for the many that are suffering in ways I have never come close to experiencing. The Lord was gracious to remind me...

The soup was so good, and is so easy... great one even for small kids.

"For this time, I
browned 1 pound of hamburger
1 can of whole kernel corn (with liquid)
1 large can of kidney beans (I only use half the liquid)
1 15 oz can of tomato sauce
1 15oz can of diced tomatoes
And taco seasoning (a few sprinkles out of the large container or one envelope).

I cook it in the crock pot for 8 hours then cool it and put it in the fridge over night then heat it again the next day. Personally, I think it tastes best the second day."

Comments

wow! nothing like hearing about another's situation to give you perspective!!! thanks for sharing this one.

Popular Posts