my little broken Em-Gem


Emily broke her leg. Poor babe. She was playing in her room with Luke and well, it broke. The break is pretty clean and she hasn't hardly complained of pain. She was a real trooper getting the cast on (full leg cast) and has been quite content sitting in her wheelchair or propped up on her little sick bed in the living room. Luke loves pushing her around the house and Ben just loves to go on rides. She'll have the cast on for 4 weeks and then they'll do more x-rays and go from there.

I had another ultrasound this week and the babies are wonderful! They are even closer in size this time and both thriving. We couldn't discern the sex this time, so 4 more weeks till we find that out. We're all guessing boys. I'm feeling so much improved. No nausea anymore and considerable more energy.
My sister Mel had her baby. Little Caleb Schwartz TenKley. He was born after what Mel says was the most difficult labor she's ever had (and this was #5). We are all so thankful he's here alive and well. I haven't been able to see him, but I hear he's very cute :).

Comments

the millers said…
joe- good to see you over at andy's pumpkin party... only wish we had gotten there sooner so we could have talked a little more... but good to see you... sorry to hear about emily's leg... we will pray it heals quickly... great to hear you are feeling better, vicki... we will also continue to pray for your two little ones...

God Bless,
mark and gwen
the millers said…
joe- good to see you over at andy's pumpkin party... only wish we had gotten there sooner so we could have talked a little more... but good to see you... sorry to hear about emily's leg... we will pray it heals quickly... great to hear you are feeling better, vicki... we will also continue to pray for your two little ones...

God Bless,
mark and gwen
becky.onelittle said…
Poor little girl! I cried and cried when Nathaniel broke his collar bone, but he was in a lot of pain for a long time.
PLEASE don't tell me number 5 could be worse than numbers 1-4... I'm so nervous about going back to the hospital. They're going to make me stay overnight!- which is obvious, it's just sinking in that they'll take her away periodically and I won't get to have my own bed and just be comfortable. Did I say she? It's a GIRL!
Lylah Ledner said…
hi dear vickie

i've been checking in periodically to see your progress...i'm awfully excited about the gifts God's given you.

on another note, i've been adding the different MOM Blogs to my site on my MOM Blog page...just an fyi...it's at www.lifecoachmoms.com

blessings to you! lylah
JamieB said…
poor, poor Em. she looks so cute in that chair, though. it's a good thing kids heal faster than adults, huh? is she still doing well, now that it has been a couple of weeks?
I can't believe your having twins. it sorta just hit me.
love you!

Popular Posts