I've found it a little less natural for me to see humor in situations with my kids since having this new precious babe in my tummy. Seems I'm more tired, much more scatter-brained and always this touch of queasiness (which is so much preferred to the constant vomiting). Tonight at dinner I laughed out loud at Luke. We ordered a pizza from Papa Murphy's and after three pieces I sensed Luke was getting full but he asked for another. I put one on his plate and his eyes opened wide and he looked like he was reconsidering.
I asked if he really wanted it and he said "Well, maybe I'll just cut a little off." He grabbed the pizza cutter and cut a little 2 inch triangle off the tip which made me chuckle. He placed it gently on the pizza pan and said "That should do it." Then he looked back and reaching over said "well, I'll just grab those pineapples..." Now I laughed to myself.
About three seconds later, still looking at the piece he placed back on the pan, he said "wow, well, that does look really good..". This time I laughed out loud.
I asked if he really wanted it and he said "Well, maybe I'll just cut a little off." He grabbed the pizza cutter and cut a little 2 inch triangle off the tip which made me chuckle. He placed it gently on the pizza pan and said "That should do it." Then he looked back and reaching over said "well, I'll just grab those pineapples..." Now I laughed to myself.
About three seconds later, still looking at the piece he placed back on the pan, he said "wow, well, that does look really good..". This time I laughed out loud.
Comments